Happy Monday Everyone!!! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Welcome to my new and improve weekly lifestyle. I’m pretty much excited to be doing this section of my blog again and as you notice I decided to change from weekly workout to weekly lifestyle. I thought it will give me a wide range of different options to improve on myself, like they say if you don’t like the way your life heading change it. I want my daughter Emily to have a positive role model when it comes to living a healthy and happy life.
Now for a quick recap, of what been happening with my life for the last year. It’s been a really rough year for my family, which has taken a lot of my time and drain me mentally and physically. For the last 4 months I have taken the time to focus on my health and to lose weight and I’m proud to say I lost a total of 37 pounds. It wasn’t easy but I made time to work out on a daily basis. Not only did I slim down but my asthma has not been a bother to me, except now for the change of weather but it manageable. I’m not taking a pump every day, almost every 4 hours. I’m able to run and jump with Emily and that a reward in itself to see her happy that her mami is acting silly with her. So, with everything said I will start off the first two steps I did, then the reason for my plans and what to expect every Monday.
The first step I did was to write everything down, what are my main goals, short term goal, reason I decided to lose weight and my plans to lose the weight.
My Main Goal: Lose 122 pounds
My Medium Goal: Lose 50 pounds
My Short Term Goal: Lose 20 pound this month
Reasons to lose weight: : Around April my parents and I took Emily to Disney World. I had a fear if I get on a ride they might tell me I need to get off because I was too heavy for it. I spend the whole vacation watching her have fun on the sideline getting on every ride with my dad. That not the only time during the summer Emily and I had fun but everywhere we went my self-esteem and the fear left me on the sideline. That when the reality came crashing down, I want to be able to get on ride with her and live life to the fullest not site on the sideline. I didn’t grow up sitting on the sideline, I always been an adventures person and my daughter has that same quality. I took matters, I did something, I started to process to lose weight. I want to be able to run, jump and keep up with my daughter. I want to take control of my asthma, anemia, make my heart stronger and avoid any other medical conditions such as diabetes. I want to buy clothes and feel comfortable wearing them and to feel confident and sexy; I want to live till I’m old and see my great grandchildren. I would like to have more children without the fear that they will lose their mother. I know I will be comfortable and happy being 150, I love having meat on bones. I also want to set an example for Emily, that way she is healthy and avoid future medical problems such as diabetes (it runs strong on her father side) and asthma (which runs strong on both side of the family, I had my asthma at the age of 19 or 20).
My plans: I will do a workout DVD Tae Bo (it help me lose weight before) every morning, walk every day 15 minutes to start and increase as the day goes by, go to planet fitness 3 times a week to do weights to strength my body and keep my skin tight, I also would like to include yoga every other day to stretch my muscle, be flexible and especially have inner peace. I will rest on Sundays and have my cheat day or meal on Saturdays or Sundays. If I do have a cheat meal during the week (by going to an amusement park , etc) I will make sure to work out the next day and wait for the following Saturday to have my next cheat meal.
My eating habits: I will eat moderate portions, no soda or junk food (only on my cheat day), I will eat every 3 to 4 hours, 6 meals a day, 3 meals and 3 snacks and not eat past 8pm. Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
Now that you see, what I written for myself, I will explain what I have done and how can it benefit yourself as well:
• For the first week, I say start off slow, get your body into the flow of moving around. Remember your body is not use to moving around so much, it been stuck in the same routine for months by the following week start on your plan.
• Write everything down your reasons first, this will help you reach your goal. By writing your reasons, you learn more about yourself and why you decided to make that first step, this will help you stay in focus especially moments when you feel like giving up or leave it for tomorrow and tomorrow will never come.
• Write your main goal, your medium goals and your short term goals next. Your main goal should be what you want to lose overall, but it will get frustrating and you will get discourage to see that high number and will feel like you’re not losing weight fast enough that where the frustration and discourage will come about. That why you write your medium and short term goal it will be easier and once you reach it your boost will go up and then you want to make another short term goal to continue losing that weight and feel happy and confident (for me, personally I like to also add a mini goal, lose 5 pounds per week)
**FYI if you did not reach your goals is okay don’t get discourage look back what you did see if there anything that need to be change such as changing your workout routine or it may be what you been eating. Whatever you do, don’t give up. Keep moving forward we all go through this, so don’t worry if you don’t reach your goal. If for any reason you don’t understand what you did wrong, consult with others they may see something that you didn’t see in the first place.**
• Write everything down, the more detail the better. This will guide you through your workout and eating habits. Writing in details will help you see your progress, not only losing weight , you will see a tremendous change in the way you run, walk, able to lift certain heavy objects that you couldn’t before, happiness, Energy and the list will go on. Also, if your weight training 3 day a week like myself, it great to have your journal with you by letting yourself know what you did last week and up a notch this week.
• Have a cheat day or meal but please monitor what you eat during this time. The reason for a cheat meal is to help control those urges of eating the things we love but know it not good. How can this help? Well most people go on a diet, a strict diet, lose the weight and decided they can eat healthy but have their not so good meals here and there. Now, they start to like the food their eating, forgets all the progress they have done, and they have gain double the weight from where they started off. Having a cheat meal is not to hurt you but to help you move forward, plus I love food, all kinds of food. Having my cheat meal is my reward for workout hard and doing things right.
****Please note what I have writing is my personal view you can either change certain things to benefit yourself. Only you know what you’re capable of and how far you can go beyond. Most of the tips I put up, are tips that I read, look up, or learn when I work in a gym (years ago). ****
What can you expect every Monday,
• Tips that I either look up online or consulted with a nutritionist or personal trainer.
• Ideas on how to manage a busy schedule with work, school, and / or children.
• My weekly bio, what in my journal for that week and my progress, in a more detail format than last week.
• Also if anyone wants to share their own personal experience and the progress of losing weight, strength training or any other experience. Please feel free to drop a comment, I will get in contact with you and send you a guide line of what we need from you. This will be great for the motivation!!!!
Here are some photos of my progress of losing weight, top is the most recent photo.
Also, if you want to see my first video partially base on this post, please visit my facebook page, Lil Jomie Creations. I know it’s not the best quality and I know you will see how nervous I am through the video. I find recording myself scary but I know once I continue to make more videos you will see more of a confidence within me and a better video quality. Either way I added a tip to this video, hopefully it will prepare anyone who want to start or is feeling discourage.
I wish you luck on this journey to a better life style, have a great day!